Kingaroy Valued By New Business
November 14, 2005
- Queensland regional valuers and property consultants John Logan and Associates
have opened an office in Kingaroy.
The group, which also has offices at Gympie, Bundaberg, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Mackay, Gladstone and Rockhampton, does real estate valuations (commercial, residential, industrial and rural) for mortgage security, portfolio reviews, capital gains tax etc as well as pre-sale assessments.
Kingaroy franchisee Paul Turner
can be contacted on (07) 4162-7822
or by email
TV Campaign To Boost Tourist Visits
November 11, 2005 - Tourist numbers in South Burnett towns over summer should get a boost with The Great Bunya Drive television commercial going to air for two weeks from Sunday.
The Fraser Coast South Burnett Regional Tourism Board reports the 15-second commercial will be shown across the Fraser Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Darling Downs and Gold Coast stations.
The Great Bunya Drive links Toowoomba to Gympie via Dalby, Kumbia, the Bunya Mountains, Maidenwell, Nanango, Kingaroy, Wondai, Murgon, Goomeri and Kilkivan. Brochures, including a map, are available at local Visitor Information Centres.
Used Cars On A Budget
November 10, 2005
- A "new" used car yard has opened in Nanango, located in Knowles Street, immediately opposite the "Big Bucket" on the D'Aguilar Highway.Highway Motor Village
offers used cars priced from $3000 to $8000 - clean, safe and reliable cars says Cathie Judd, wife of owner Harry Judd
Harry and Cathie can be contacted on (07) 4171-0027
or by email
Website For Wondai Colonial Motel
November 9, 2005
- The Wondai Colonial Motel
, located at 125 Haly Street, Wondai, has a new website
The Colonial boasts spacious rooms, including two large family rooms with separate bedrooms and a honeymoon suite with spa bath and private courtyard. Its licensed restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday.
and Pauline Maxwell
can be contacted on (07) 4168-5633
or by email
Oasis For Musos In Alford Street
November 8, 2005
and Angelina Chaseling
from local band Whole Hearted
(who performed at the KCCI Business Awards on Saturday night, right
) have opened a store with everything for musicians in Kingaroy.Musician's Oasis
is located at 20 Alford Street (the old Rendezvous Designs shop) and stocks everything from electric guitars to sheet music. Musical instruments can also be repaired.
There is also a mini-studio and tuition can be arranged for drums, guitar, bass, piano, saxaphone, clarinet, flute and trumpet.
KCCI Business Awards Winners
November 7, 2005
- The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry
2005 Business Awards For Excellence were held at Kingaroy Town Hall on Saturday night:
Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to all the sponsors!
- Business of the Year (sponsored by Rio Tinto Coal Australia and South Burnett Times): Peanut Company of Australia
- Employee of the Year (Rio Tinto Coal Australia and Qld Apprenticeship Services): Gordon Couchman (Kingaroy State High School)
- Outstanding New Business (Radio K-FM): Aggregate Corporation
- Outstanding Apprentice (Wide Bay Group Training Scheme): Ross Ingram (PCA)
- Outstanding Trainee (Wide Bay Group Training Scheme): Billie-Jean Veller (KSHS)
- Food Services (Wide Bay Burnett Area Consultative Committee): Peanut Company of Australia
- Manufacturing & Trade Services (Tarong Energy Corporation): Chesterton Quality Constructions
- Professional Services (Dorothy Pratt, Member for Nanango): Anne Miller Publishing
- Retail Services (Beaurepaires For Tyres): Retravision Kingaroy
- Tourist Ambassador (Kingaroy Shire Council): The Peanut Van
- Tourist & Accommodation (SB Book-Keeping and Argue and Co): Kingaroy Caravan Park and Cabins
- Transport & Motor Industry (Ergon Energy): Driver Training and Education
Rendezvous in Kingaroy Street
November 4, 2005 - Rendezvous Designs and Kingaroy Embroidery have moved from Alford Street to 201 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (above McLeods Drapers).
Rendezvous Designs stocks bridal and formal wear, bridal accessories and jewelley as well as other women's fashion and accessories and children's clothing.
The co-located but separate Kingaroy Embroidery embroiders badges, caps, towels, business and club logos, polos and chambray shirts and school shirts. Contact details for both businesses remain the same.
Barbara Covers The Burnett
November 3, 2005
- A recent "Health and Welfare" listing added to Southburnett.biz is that of occupational therapist Barbara van der Heyden
Barbara is based in Kilkivan but covers all the Wide Bay region from Bundaberg to Monto and down to Kingaroy.
She can be reached on (07) 5484-1302 or by email
Brooklands Business On The Move
November 2, 2005
- Derek Gosselin has been operating a mobile printing business for a number of years but now has also established a base in Brooklands.
Home base for Goz-Print
is Kingaroy-Cooyar Road, Brooklands, however as business takes Derek as far away as NSW, his mobile phone 0409-965-527
is the best way to contact him.Goz-Print
does specialist metallic foil printing for business cards and fridge magnets as well as vinyl cut lettering and graphics. Derek also manufactures bumper stickers (including very small runs!) and has a "temporary tattoo" stall which proves popular at fetes and festivals.
Charee is Ready To Clean Up!
November 1, 2005
- Charez Auto Detailing
opened for business at 11 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy, yesterday.Charee Andrews
offers all forms of automotive detailing (including vacuuming and polishing) for cars, 4WDs, buses and trucks.
She can be contacted on (07) 4162-8388
or mobile 0427-883-643
Bower Opens For Homemakers
October 31, 2005
- A new home decoration and gift shop opened recently in Wondai.Open Bower
is located at Shop 4, 34 Mackenzie Street. Owner Elizabeth Stewart can be contacted on (07) 4169-0666
or by email
As well as homewares and decor items, Open Bower also features a wide range of gifts.
From Kilkivan to Kingaroy
October 28, 2005
- Links to two more local websites were added to SBBiz this week - for businesses at opposite ends of the region.Kilkivan Delites
is a farm-based cottage business in Kilkivan Shire that manufactures beef jerky, jams, pickles and relishes.
In contrast, Bill Hull Car Centre
in Kingaroy is one of the region's major automotive dealerships, selling Mazda and Subaru vehicles.
New Owners At Two Well-Known Businesses
October 27, 2005
- New owners have taken over at a couple of well-known South Burnett businesses.Avaril Walker
has purchased Wondai Real Estate
from long-time Wondai business community stalwart Geoff Hardcastle.
In Kingaroy, Craig Hudson has sold "Hudson's Health and Fitness" and "Cardio Central" to Laila Gordon
. Laila has combined the two gyms into one (located in the Pound Street industrial estate). The new Cardio Central
is open 6:00am-noon and 1:30pm-7:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Summit At Toowoomba
October 26, 2005
- Five south-east Queensland regional tourism organisations, including the Fraser Coast South Burnett Tourism Board, have come together with Tourism Queensland to organise the inaugural South East Queensland Country Conference
which will be held on November 10.
The all-day conference will be held at Picnic Point
, 164 Tourist Road, Toowoomba. Cost for RTO members is $75 ($95 for non-members). The program includes keynote speakers and workshops on topics such as Drive Tourism, Food and Wine Tourism, and Events and Festivals.
For details about registration, contact Kerrie Beck
on (07) 3535-5470
or by email
Changes At Youngman Street Estate
October 25, 2005
- Perfect Pets
is the latest new business to open in the Youngman Street Industrial Estate, Kingaroy. Perfect Pets
sells fish, birds, guinea pigs, rats, mice and puppies (and will have reptiles in stock for Christmas
) as well as pet accessories and pet food. Owner Joanne Trask
can be reached on (07) 4162-4886
carports, sheds and garages has also opened a Kingaroy branch in the Industrial Estate. Tuff-Span sheds are offered in kit form or they can erect them on your property. Phone (07) 4163-6589 or send an email
Hervey Bay Team Holds Kingaroy Clinics
October 24, 2005
- A new listing added to SBBiz last week was Aggregate Corporation
, Hervey Bay-based psychologists and counsellors who conduct regular clinics at the Markwell Street medical centre in Kingaroy.James
and Elizabeth Stott
also can arrange workplace-related counselling (including on-site services) covering human resources issues such as morale-building and conflict resolution
Aggregate Corporation can be reached on 1800-118-912
or visit their website
for more information.
New Website For Ascot
October 21, 2005
- Kingaroy's Ascot Lodge Motor Inn
, located next door to Red Rooster in Kingaroy Street, has a new website
The website features information about room and conference facilities as well as tariffs and bookings.
The motel, which opened just 12 months ago, can be contacted on 1800-766-376 or by email
Are You Ready for Gen Y?
October 20, 2005
- If you have no idea who or what Gen Y is ... this is the seminar for you!
The KCCI, the Wide Bay Burnett Area Consultative Committee, and Sustainable Regions are bringing Generation Y expert Peter Sheahan
) to Kingaroy on November 21 for a breakfast and workshop.
Cost is $20 and bookings must be made before November 11 to the WBBACC on (07) 4121-7099
.PS. Generation Y are the 4.5 million Australians born between 1978 and 1994 - "lifestyle-centred, impatient and socially aware" says Peter.
Camping Park For You
... And Your Pets!
October 19, 2005
- Kilkivan Bush Camping Park
, at 577 Rossmore Road, Kilkivan, has new owners and a brand new website
and Sue Curtis
took over earlier this year but their website has only been live for a few weeks. The park features powered and camping sites as well as camping huts for hire. There are also hot showers and a laundry. And as Steve emphasises ... pets are very welcome, including horses! (right
Kilkivan Bush Camping Park can be contacted on (07) 5484-1340
or by email
Having Trouble Finding Skilled Staff?
October 18, 2005
- Did you know that the Burnett Inland Economic Development Organisation (BIEDO) is the regional contact point for the Skilled Migrant Visa Program
? BIEDO's new website
includes details of migrants willing to work in Australia and their skills.
The website also includes a guestbook (currently under development) Employme
which allows local businesses to advertise a vacancy or skills shortage to potential workers all over Australia and beyond.
For more information on these two initiatives contact Linda Silburn
on (07) 5484-1652 or by emailSTOP PRESS! BIEDO has organised FREE Safe Food Handling Courses to be held in Wondai (Oct 22), Kingaroy (Oct 23), Murgon (Oct 29) and Kilkivan (Oct 30). Phone Monika on (07) 5484-1652 for details.